Each student-athlete must bring the following to every practice and race:
- Mountain bike in working order
(see FAQs for advice on bike features, where to purchase, and typical costs)
- Bike helmet in safe condition and with a proper fit
- Closed-toe shoes
- Water bottle(s) or hydration pack
- Bike gloves
- Eye protection
- Spare tube (even if you run tubeless) and tire levers
Coaches should also bring the following:
- Tire pump
- Bike multi-tool
- Minimal first aid, including alcohol wipes and a self-adhesive bandage wrap. A complete first aid kit will be located at the trailhead of each practice or race pit zone tent.
- Bike light (helmet or handlebar mount)
Student-athletes are also encouraged to bring the above items as well.